Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. By making a reservation with "Autism on the SeasTM" or "Autism on the Seas" or "AotS" or "Discount Cruise Travel", acquiring any of its servcies, submitting a request for a quotation or information, or contacting Autism on the Seas or one of its representatives, after visiting this Web Site (the "Web Site") you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of using this Web Site and transacting business with Autism on the Seas as set forth herein. Autism on the Seas reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Users of this Web Site must check its terms and conditions periodically for changes.
1. OWNERSHIP: This Web Site is owned and operated by Autism on the Seas. All information, content, graphics, text, HTML, CGI, scripts in any format, and coding on the Web Site are the property of Autism on the Seas, its licensors, or its third party providers & distributors, and are protected by copyright and/or trademark law, and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without Autism on the Seas prior written consent, except that you may download, display, and print the materials presented on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use any "robot", "spider", or other automatic device or a program, algorithm or methodology having the same or similar processes or functionality, or any manual process to monitor or copy any of the Web Site pages, data, or content without the prior written permission of Autism on the Seas. All Content on the Web Site is protected by U.S. copyright and trademark law and applicable international treaties governing intellectual property law. Any and all Autism on the Seas trademarks and trade names used in connection with the Web Site by Autism on the Seas are the exclusive property of Autism on the Seas.
3. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY: THIS WEB SITE AND ANY LINKS FROM THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". Autism on the Seas MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. Autism on the Seas DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY E-MAILS SENT FROM Autism on the Seas ARE FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
4. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
(1) YOU AGREE THAT Autism on the Seas IS AN AGENT FOR THE PROVIDERS OF CRUISE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS REGARDING ANY FAILURE OR BREACH WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE ARE LIMITED TO CLAIMS AGAINST THE CRUISE SERVICE PROVIDERS. Autism on the Seas IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM OR PROVIDED BY ANY CRUISE OR OTHER SERVICE SUPPLIER THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR BY Autism on the Seas.
(2) Autism on the Seas ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING ON THE WEB SITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THIS SITE. Autism on the Seas SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
5. RATES AND OFFERS: Rates and offers on this Web Site and as quoted by Autism on the Seas representatives, are capacity controlled, are subject to availability and confirmation, and may change without notice. Autism on the Seas assumes no responsibility for overbooking, cancellation, or delays for hotels, airlines, cruises, or other providers. Unless otherwise noted, rates shown are based on double occupancy, are in US Dollars. Unless otherwise noted, port charges, government taxes and/or fees are additional, and are subject to change up until your departure date. Additional restrictions may apply. If your vacation package includes airfare, your airfare is subject to the carriers, times, and routing selected by the cruise line or provider. You may also contact your Autism on the Seas representative to request Preferred Flights through Autism on the Seas cruise line partners. Preferred Flights are strongly encouraged if you have special needs regarding flight times, routing, or airline. Whatever your method of transportation to/from your cruise/vacation, you are responsible for any and all costs associated with delays or cancellations. Autism on the Seas STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE to protect your investment.
6. ONLINE BOOKING: Autism on the Seas offers reservation booking either through sales consultants, or online booking. You must be of legal age to travel and make reservations, in order to book online. Online prices are for new bookings only and must be booked and paid for online to be guaranteed at those prices. Online prices may not be available through a sales consultant. Online prices are final. Price adjustments are not made for online bookings. Depending on your date of travel and your mailing address, travel documents for bookings made online may only be available for pier pick up. Certain changes may be made to online bookings, subject to administrative fees. Please call Autism on the Seas for the specific fees and availability for any requested changes. Except as specifically provided in this paragraph, all online bookings are subject to all the terms and conditions of Autism on the Seas and its suppliers.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE: Autism on the Seas STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE. You may contact an Autism on the Seas representative for a price quotation on travel insurance. However, Autism on the Seas can only offer insurance pricing & purchase, and general travel insurance information. Should you have specific questions concerning coverage under different circumstances, you must speak directly to the travel insurance supplier, or must request a copy of the travel insurance policy in writing. All travel claims must be presented directly to the travel insurance supplier. Autism on the Seas is not an insurer and is not responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage or personal items. You are also fully responsible for verifying all safety, security, and general conditions for each destination. You agree that Autism on the Seas is not responsible for any potential risks and hazards associated with travel to any destination, or travel with the suppliers listed on the Web Site. By embarking on travel arranged through Autism on the Seas you voluntarily assume the risks associated with such travel. Autism on the Seas assumes no responsibility for standards of hygiene, cuisine, sanitation, medical treatment or telecommunications services. Autism on the Seas is not responsible for any political instability, terrorist activity, war, social or labor unrest, civil disturbances, arbitrary changes in government policies, local laws or customs, climatic conditions, methods of conducting business, military activity or emergency evacuation methods, or any injury, loss, expense or damage that may result there from.
8. PRIVACY: Autism on the Seas agrees to adhere to all applicable Unites States federal and state laws and industry practices relating to the collection and use of personal information from Web Site visitors. Autism on the Seas maintains its current privacy statement on this Web Site. This privacy statement may be modified from time to time without prior notice.
9. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Proof of citizenship and photo identification will be required for your travel. For assistance with passport procurement, please visit the State Department website, www.travel.state.gov, or call the National Passport Information Center toll free at 1-877-874-7793. (Non-US citizens should check with their local consulate to determine what documents will be required for travel.) The first and last names on your reservation and/or invoice must match your passport. You are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and requirements, including Customs and Immigration requirements, at all destination points. You are responsible for, and release Autism on the Seas from any and all liability regarding, compliance with passport, visa, vaccination or other entry/exit requirements and payment of any charges, fees, duties, taxes or assessments related to your travel or your use of this Web Site. Autism on the Seas reserves the right to issue all ticketing as e-ticketing. With e-ticketing, you simply present proper identification at the pier and/or airport, along with your confirmation number, to receive your boarding tickets.
10. DEPOSITS, PAYMENTS, CANCELLATION FEES, AND REFUNDS: Check payments should be made payable to "Autism on the Seas". Credit card payments should be called in to Autism on the Seas at 1-800-516-5247 or by using our online secure PAYMENT Form and will be processed by the cruise line and/or Autism on the Seas . For bookings not made online, your Autism on the Seas representative will orally outline the deposit and payment details of your particular reservation. All payments must be received by Autism on the Seas by the deadlines specified by the Autism on the Seas representative or Web Site, which ever is earliest, or your reservation is subject to cancellation. Please be sure to check the first and last names on the invoice to make sure that they match the names on your photo identifications. You should review your invoice carefully, and must notify Autism on the Seas of any discrepancies in your invoice within two business days of receipt. Autism on the Seas may offer you rebates or discounts from suppliers' actual rates, or may have net, group, or promotional rates to which Autism on the Seas adds commission and/or service fees. The Autism on the Seas total pricing quoted to you by an Autism on the Seas representative, as confirmed by your Autism on the Seas invoice, includes any and all commissions and service fees charged and/or earned by Autism on the Seas, although not detailed on the invoice. Cancelled reservations will be assessed all applicable supplier penalties, but in no event should the total fees/penalties exceed the reservation total. The Autism on the Seas portion of the cancellation service fee may be applied to a future cruise of equal or greater value to the cancelled cruise if booked within one year of the cancellation date.
Autism on the Seas reserves the right to cancel or alter any and all services they provide onboard the cruise for any cruise reservation made with Autism on the Seas, at any time up until the cruise date, and even during the cruise.
11. OTHER TRAVEL SUPPLIERS: In making reservations on travel suppliers via Autism on the Seas you agree to be bound by each travel supplier's terms and conditions as set forth in that supplier's web site, brochures, tickets, passage contract, contract of carriage, or other travel document, and agree to the policies of those suppliers. Supplier penalties are established by each individual supplier and vary in amount.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Autism on the Seas. You’re making a reservation with Autism on the Seas, your retention of tickets, retention of travel documents, and your retention of invoice shall each individually or collectively constitute your express consent to the above terms and conditions. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
13. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to conflict of laws provisions. You and Autism on the Seas agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes hereunder and venue in an appropriate local or federal court located in the state of Connecticut.
14. HEADINGS: The headings used in these terms and conditions are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms and conditions herein.
15. SERVICES: The services advertised on this website, or any Autism on the Seas advertisement on any website or literature are subject to certain criteria. This criteria varies from cruise to cruise, and throughout the life of the cruise event from it's inception on this site, until the sailing date. Autism on the Seas reserves the right to cancel or modify in any way, any service it advertises based on criteria as determined by Autism on the Seas for each cruise. Autism on the Seas will make every attempt to refund, exchange or replace services when this criteria is not met. Autism on the Seas reserves the right to refuse or cease service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
This criteria also includes a waiver of liability for Staffed Services (particualry the care of guests by AotS staff during the cruise) that must be agreed to and agreement ackowledged via a signature or electronic subimission of said waiver to AotS by each guest, otherwise certain Staffed Servcies wil not be provided, and you may request a copy of this Liability Waiver at any time by requesting it from the AotS office or through this website and via email.