Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. By making a reservation with "Autism on the SeasTM" or "Autism on the Seas" or "AotS" or "Discount Cruise Travel", acquiring any of its servcies, submitting a request for a quotation or information, or contacting Autism on the Seas or one of its representatives, after visiting this Web Site (the "Web Site") you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions of using this Web Site and transacting business with Autism on the Seas as set forth herein. Autism on the Seas reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Users of this Web Site must check its terms and conditions periodically for changes.
1. OWNERSHIP: This Web Site is owned and operated by Autism on the Seas. All information, content, graphics, text, HTML, CGI, scripts in any format, and coding on the Web Site are the property of Autism on the Seas, its licensors, or its third party providers & distributors, and are protected by copyright and/or trademark law, and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without Autism on the Seas prior written consent, except that you may download, display, and print the materials presented on this site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not use any "robot", "spider", or other automatic device or a program, algorithm or methodology having the same or similar processes or functionality, or any manual process to monitor or copy any of the Web Site pages, data, or content without the prior written permission of Autism on the Seas. All Content on the Web Site is protected by U.S. copyright and trademark law and applicable international treaties governing intellectual property law. Any and all Autism on the Seas trademarks and trade names used in connection with the Web Site by Autism on the Seas are the exclusive property of Autism on the Seas.
3. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY: THIS WEB SITE AND ANY LINKS FROM THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". Autism on the Seas MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED) WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. Autism on the Seas DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY E-MAILS SENT FROM Autism on the Seas ARE FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
4. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
(1) YOU AGREE THAT Autism on the Seas IS AN AGENT FOR THE PROVIDERS OF CRUISE SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. ANY AND ALL CLAIMS REGARDING ANY FAILURE OR BREACH WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE ARE LIMITED TO CLAIMS AGAINST THE CRUISE SERVICE PROVIDERS. Autism on the Seas IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED FROM OR PROVIDED BY ANY CRUISE OR OTHER SERVICE SUPPLIER THROUGH THE WEB SITE OR BY Autism on the Seas.
(2) Autism on the Seas ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING ON THE WEB SITE, OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THIS SITE. Autism on the Seas SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH ANY USE OF THIS SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortuous behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.
5. RATES AND OFFERS: Rates and offers on this Web Site and as quoted by Autism on the Seas representatives, are capacity controlled, are subject to availability and confirmation, and may change without notice. Autism on the Seas assumes no responsibility for overbooking, cancellation, or delays for hotels, airlines, cruises, or other providers. Unless otherwise noted, rates shown are based on double occupancy, are in US Dollars. Unless otherwise noted, port charges, government taxes and/or fees are additional, and are subject to change up until your departure date. Additional restrictions may apply. If your vacation package includes airfare, your airfare is subject to the carriers, times, and routing selected by the cruise line or provider. You may also contact your Autism on the Seas representative to request Preferred Flights through Autism on the Seas cruise line partners. Preferred Flights are strongly encouraged if you have special needs regarding flight times, routing, or airline. Whatever your method of transportation to/from your cruise/vacation, you are responsible for any and all costs associated with delays or cancellations. Autism on the Seas STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE to protect your investment.
6. ONLINE BOOKING: Autism on the Seas offers reservation booking either through sales consultants, or online booking. You must be of legal age to travel and make reservations, in order to book online. Online prices are for new bookings only and must be booked and paid for online to be guaranteed at those prices. Online prices may not be available through a sales consultant. Online prices are final. Price adjustments are not made for online bookings. Depending on your date of travel and your mailing address, travel documents for bookings made online may only be available for pier pick up. Certain changes may be made to online bookings, subject to administrative fees. Please call Autism on the Seas for the specific fees and availability for any requested changes. Except as specifically provided in this paragraph, all online bookings are subject to all the terms and conditions of Autism on the Seas and its suppliers.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE: Autism on the Seas STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE. You may contact an Autism on the Seas representative for a price quotation on travel insurance. However, Autism on the Seas can only offer insurance pricing & purchase, and general travel insurance information. Should you have specific questions concerning coverage under different circumstances, you must speak directly to the travel insurance supplier, or must request a copy of the travel insurance policy in writing. All travel claims must be presented directly to the travel insurance supplier. Autism on the Seas is not an insurer and is not responsible for any damage to or loss of luggage or personal items. You are also fully responsible for verifying all safety, security, and general conditions for each destination. You agree that Autism on the Seas is not responsible for any potential risks and hazards associated with travel to any destination, or travel with the suppliers listed on the Web Site. By embarking on travel arranged through Autism on the Seas you voluntarily assume the risks associated with such travel. Autism on the Seas assumes no responsibility for standards of hygiene, cuisine, sanitation, medical treatment or telecommunications services. Autism on the Seas is not responsible for any political instability, terrorist activity, war, social or labor unrest, civil disturbances, arbitrary changes in government policies, local laws or customs, climatic conditions, methods of conducting business, military activity or emergency evacuation methods, or any injury, loss, expense or damage that may result there from.
8. PRIVACY: Autism on the Seas agrees to adhere to all applicable Unites States federal and state laws and industry practices relating to the collection and use of personal information from Web Site visitors. Autism on the Seas maintains its current privacy statement on this Web Site. This privacy statement may be modified from time to time without prior notice.
9. TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: Proof of citizenship and photo identification will be required for your travel. For assistance with passport procurement, please visit the State Department website, www.travel.state.gov, or call the National Passport Information Center toll free at 1-877-874-7793. (Non-US citizens should check with their local consulate to determine what documents will be required for travel.) The first and last names on your reservation and/or invoice must match your passport. You are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable governmental regulations and requirements, including Customs and Immigration requirements, at all destination points. You are responsible for, and release Autism on the Seas from any and all liability regarding, compliance with passport, visa, vaccination or other entry/exit requirements and payment of any charges, fees, duties, taxes or assessments related to your travel or your use of this Web Site. Autism on the Seas reserves the right to issue all ticketing as e-ticketing. With e-ticketing, you simply present proper identification at the pier and/or airport, along with your confirmation number, to receive your boarding tickets.
10. DEPOSITS, PAYMENTS, CANCELLATION FEES, AND REFUNDS: Check payments should be made payable to "Autism on the Seas". Credit card payments should be called in to Autism on the Seas at 1-800-516-5247 or by using our online secure PAYMENT Form and will be processed by the cruise line and/or Autism on the Seas . For bookings not made online, your Autism on the Seas representative will orally outline the deposit and payment details of your particular reservation. All payments must be received by Autism on the Seas by the deadlines specified by the Autism on the Seas representative, Invoice or Web Site, which ever is earliest, or your reservation is subject to cancellation. Please be sure to check the first and last names on the invoice to make sure that they match the names on your photo identifications. You should review your invoice carefully, and must notify Autism on the Seas of any discrepancies in your invoice within two business days of receipt. Autism on the Seas may offer you rebates or discounts from suppliers' actual rates, or may have net, group, or promotional rates to which Autism on the Seas adds commission and/or service fees. The Autism on the Seas total pricing quoted to you by an Autism on the Seas representative, as confirmed by your Autism on the Seas invoice, includes any and all commissions and service fees charged and/or earned by Autism on the Seas, although not detailed on the invoice. Cancelled reservations will be assessed all applicable supplier penalties, but in no event should the total fees/penalties exceed the reservation total.
Autism on the Seas reserves the right to cancel or alter any and all services they provide onboard the cruise for any cruise reservation made with Autism on the Seas, at any time up until the cruise date, and even during the cruise.
11. TRAVEL SUPPLIERS: In making reservations with travel suppliers (cruise lines, hotels, resorts, etc) via Autism on the Seas you agree to be bound by each travel supplier's terms and conditions as set forth in that supplier's web site, brochures, tickets, passage contract, contract of carriage, or other travel document, and agree to the policies of those suppliers. Supplier penalties are established by each individual supplier and vary in amount.
Autism on the Seas acts as a sales agent for any airline, hotel, resort, amusement park, car-rental company, tour operator, cruise line, or other service provider named in your itinerary/invoice (“Suppliers”). Autism on the Seas is not responsible for acts or omissions of the Suppliers, their failure to provide services or adhere to their own schedules, their failure to pay any refund, or for any personal injury, illness, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity which may be caused by any party not under Autism on the Seas control. By accepting these terms, you hereby agree to release Autism on the Seas from all claims arising out of any problem covered in this section.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement represents the entire agreement between you and Autism on the Seas. You’re making a reservation with Autism on the Seas, your retention of tickets, retention of travel documents, and your retention of invoice shall each individually or collectively constitute your express consent to the above terms and conditions. If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
13. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Connecticut, without regard to conflict of laws provisions. You and Autism on the Seas agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes hereunder and venue in an appropriate local or federal court located in the state of Connecticut.
14. HEADINGS: The headings used in these terms and conditions are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms and conditions herein.
15. SERVICES: The services advertised on this website, or any Autism on the Seas advertisement on any website or literature are subject to certain criteria. This criteria varies from cruise to cruise, and throughout the life of the cruise event from it's inception on this site, until the sailing date. Autism on the Seas reserves the right to cancel or modify in any way, any service it advertises based on criteria as determined by Autism on the Seas for each cruise. Autism on the Seas will make every attempt to refund, exchange or replace services when this criteria is not met. Autism on the Seas reserves the right to refuse or cease service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
16. AUDIO / VISUAL PERMISSON - Contact Us if not in agreement or with questions
By making FInal Payment for your Staff Assisted Cruise, I/we give permission for “Autism on the Seas” to reproduce through the following, of the guests listed on this form that gives permission during their participation in the “Autism on the Seas” Cruise listed on this form and at any time prior to or after the cruise with relation to this cruise (such as post cruise interviews, or webcasts):
- The use of still photography in Autism on the Seas promotional printed literature.
- The use of video, audio/voice, still photography, personal quotes, or interview Q&A text, in Autism on the Seas printed promotional medium, television, radio, webinar, website, blog, vlog, Facebook page, Social media and/or any internet related medium.
I/we understand that complete confidentiality of all audiovisual materials will be maintained and that these materials will only be used for the purposes indicated above.
I waive any right to review or approve the Photographs, the use of the Photographs, or the matter that may be used in conjunction with the Photographs now and in the future, regardless of whether that use or matter is known to me. I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the Photographs. I release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless Photographer and Photographer’s heirs, legal representatives, and assigns from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking, processing, or publication of the Photographs. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives, and assigns.
17. CONSENT / RELEASE- Contact Us if not in agreement or with questions
By making FInal Payment for your Staff Assisted Cruise, in consideration of being permitted to participate in AotS events and activities organized and conducted by Autism on the Seas, LLC., do for myself, my spouse, my minor children, my heirs, each guest travelling, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, hereby fully release and forever discharge autism on the seas its employees, affiliates, successors, assigns, respective masters, agents, operators, charters and underwriter, including AotS independent contractors, AotS volunteers, its and/or their respective heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns (hereinafter all collectively referred to as “RELEASES”), of and from any and all actions, causes or right of action suits, damages, judgments, executions, claims and demand whatsoever, either in law, admiralty, or equity, by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, known or unknown, from the beginning of the world to the end of time, arising from any accident, injury, death, or property damage, whatsoever related to, resulting from, or in any way connected with participant/releasor’s use of (or presence at) AotS events or activities. This release contains the entire agreement between the parties hereto, shall not be altered except in writing, signed by both parties, and shall be considered a contractual agreement, and not a mere recital and parties hereby agree that this Express Assumption of Risk and waiver and release of Liability shall be signed ONLY ONCE by PARTICIPANT/RELEASOR from the moment of signing and continuously throughout the entire cruise, regardless of how many times participant/releasor participate in said AotS activities. Participant/releasors further states that he or she has carefully read this entire agreement, signed of his or her own free will, and in so doing, acknowledges and agrees to abide by the express terms and conditions herein. NOTE: Sign, signing, or signed referred to throughout the text prior to or after this sentence, refers to the electronic submission of this form on the Autism on the Seas website by the "Releasor" listed above.
Authorization For Medical Treatment - If in the sole discretion of the shipboard medical physician, it becomes necessary to administer medical treatment to the child listed above, including , but not limited to any/all first aid, medical diagnostics procedures, surgery, medications, anesthesia, or any/all other medical services, under circumstances where the supervising adult listed below cannot be reached, or where in the sole discretion of the shipboard medical physician any delay in securing said supervising adult(s) consent could reasonably jeopardize the health, safety, or welfare or the child listed above, Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor listed below hereby gives, authorizes and consents to any/all medical treatment or services, or to have such treatment or services performed, as detailed above, as deemed necessary on the sole discretion of the shipboard medical physician. Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor hereby assumes responsibility for any/all resulting charges. Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor also agrees that basic first aid may be administered without contacting Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor.
AotS Staff Care - The Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor agrees to allow the Autism on the Seas Staff to accompany and bring our child(ren), listed on this form, to and from the various children venues onboard the ship during all respite (drop off) sessions as needed. The Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor agrees to have the AotS staff bring our child(ren) to the bathroom as needed, during all respite (drop off) sessions. All children cared for by AotS Staff in respite must be at least 3 years of age. 1-on-1 staff service is available for children under 3, and has a separate fee and contract, and must be arranged and paid for prior to the cruise. Note: Many cruise ships have their own nursery services for children under 3 years of age. The Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor agrees to allow their child(ren) to be in the care of the AotS Staff with other children of any age (including adults with special needs) whose Parent/Legal Guardian has signed this similar waiver.
AotS Staff Care Right of Safe Condition - AotS maintains a ratio of one (1) staff for every 2 to 3 special needs guests, and AotS priority during respite (drop-off sessions) is safety for guests and staff. The parent/guardian acknowledges that AotS reserves the right to relinquish care to the parent/guardian during any AotS respite care (drop-off) session, if and when the AotS Staff determines that the staff are not able to adequately care for their child, due to any safety, or hygiene reason.
AotS Staff Care (Non-Respite Activities) - The Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor understands and agrees that the AotS Staff is not liable for the wellbeing, safety and/or sole care of their children during any Group Events or Activities that are not designated as “Drop-Off/Respite Sessions” (on the AotS Schedules provided onboard the cruise), specifically, but not limited to, Rock Climbing, FlowRider, Pool Time, Pool Slides, Ice Skating, Theatre Shows, Ice Shows, Trampoline, Beach Excursions, Tenders, Carousel, Dance Time, Parties, Inline Skating, Rope Course, Group Check-In, Muster Drill, Group Picture, Disembarking/Embarking the ship, at all meals in any dining venue, ect.
AotS Staff (After Hours Care) - The Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor agrees and understands that any After Hours Care (non-AotS Activity Times, non-AotS Staffed Respite times or non-AotS Group Event times) provided by the AotS Staff is an agreement between the AotS Staff and the Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor, and that AotS has no legal or liability obligation when these services are rendered between the AotS Staff and the Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor. These After Hour Care sessions typically take place in guest cabins or off the ship on Excursions, and therefore ANY care of guests in-cabins or off the ship on Excursions are excluded from any legal or liability obligation on behalf of AotS.
AotS Services Conditions - The AotS Services are subject to the availability of the AotS Staff onboard each cruise (or resort stay), as factors outside the control of AotS can deem the AotS Staff unavailable at any point in time during the cruise/resort stay for any amount of time. These factors include ship (Respite and entertainment) venues becoming unavailable, AotS Staff becoming ill or injured, or the carrier (ship/resort stay) segregating (quarantine or sequester) guests (including crew, carrier employees, AotS Staff and AotS Guests).
AotS Services Expire - The AotS Services will expire on the day the cruise is scheduled to end (or resort stay is scheduled to end). AotS has no control over a cruise being extended by the carrier (ship) due to weather, health or any unforeseen circumstance. If trip is lengthen by carrier, the AotS Staff are not obligated to continue their services, but all efforts will be taken by AotS management to solicit the AotS (volunteer) Staff to do what they can to assists guests, unless carrier engages in restrictive protocol for guest safety which would prevent AotS Staff from being able to assist guests, etc..
Communicable Diseases - In consideration of being allowed to participate in the Autism on the Seas functions, events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that I (we):
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, norovirus, influenza, and COVID-19.
2. KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for our participation; and,
3. Willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I (we) observe and any unusual or significant hazard during our presence or participation, I (we) will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I (we), for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Autism on the Seas officers, officials, agents, volunteers, and/or employees, other participants, any person that we may come into contact with, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Common AotS Staff Guidelines and Intervention Techniques - The Parent/Legal Guardian/Releasor agrees and acknowledges that the AotS staff can and may use the following techniques with the child(ren), listed on this form. The AotS staff follows the principles of positive reinforcement for behavior regulation. When possible, the un-wanted behavior is ignored and appropriate behavior is reinforced with enthusiastic praise. The AotS staff employs “patient play”, and they aim for having the children feel love and compassion through these commonly used techniques: hugs, high-fives, social praise, and pampered activity during play. The AotS staff may also employ “Deep Pressure” and “Massage” techniques to prevent and avoid unsafe situations, unwanted behavior, and meltdowns.
*** Re-direction - The AotS staff will be very proactive in redirecting special needs children should they sense a child may be getting over-stimulated or agitated. This will be achieved by diverting the child’s attention away from an obsession that may not be appropriate, to a known preferred activity.
*** Sensory Issue Desensitizing - Often when a child’s behavior is escalating or in a full meltdown, the AotS staff may deploy any off these techniques: walking a child around when over-stimulated, moving him or her to a quiet place, jumping in place with the child, or playing with a sensory appropriate toy until they are able to self-regulate and be re-directed to an activity. Other techniques may be used, such as massaging a child’s head while talking to them, massaging the child’s feet and calves, and may also include when appropriate, Deep Pressure techniques. The AotS staff does not use any massage methods on areas between the child’s knees and neck, with the exception of rubbing their upper back if needed.
*** Physical Restraining - Physical restraint (preventing movement) of a child will be used only in situations where safety is concerned, and where a child is in danger of harming him/herself or another individual. When used, restraint will be done standing if possible, seated if necessary, and with the child lying (face up, with no pressure on the child's chest) on the ground only when absolutely necessary. The duration of the restraint shall be for the minimum time necessary for maintaining safety. Any instance of restraint will be reported to the Parent/Guardian.
This criteria also includes a waiver of liability for Staffed Services (particualry the care of guests by AotS staff during the cruise) that must be agreed to and agreement ackowledged via a signature or electronic subimission of said waiver to AotS by each guest, otherwise certain Staffed Servcies wil not be provided, and you may request a copy of this Liability Waiver at any time by requesting it from the AotS office or through this website and via email.